Monday, December 3, 2012

December Looming

December already. How did that happen? My looms have been busy this past month, working on my next project. The little pile of swatches you see in the first photo is the start of a loom knitting stitch pattern dictionary. This is a rather large project, and I've already discovered the work will go much slower than I first thought, but I think (hope) it will be something everyone will enjoy. If there is a stitch pattern you would like to see in the collection, leave me a name and link, and you never know :)

Behind the swatches is my latest shawl, since I always have at least one in the works. I'm hoping to have a "Loom Knit Shawls II" pattern collection in the new year. 

The 'net has some great December loom knitting for you. Loom-a-long group at Ravelry is working on one of my free patterns, Travel by Rail Cuffs. Please join in and try this pattern for a last minute gift idea. It is a nice, small project on which to learn to make a ruffle, and try a little lace work. The second loom-a-long is a wide open "holiday gift wrap up". No special patterns,  just come and share your loomy gift projects and get ready for the holidays. 
The Shapely Loom e-book:  $12.00 US 





Blooming Loom e-book: $12.00 US




Loom Knit Shawls e-book: $12.00 US  
Copyright 2012 by Renee Van Hoy, Invisible Loom. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new wintery look to your blog. A stitch pattern directory? OMGoodness, that will be WONDERFUL. Woo Hoo!
    I had the hardest time figuring out the drop stitch - finally got it with a YouTube video (Isela's). Also - the popcorn stitch. I'm still not sure I have that one down pat.
    The blue shawl in the photo is gorgeous - wow, you do amazing work.
    Cheers, Karen
    www.knittingwithlooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.