Monday, February 13, 2012

On and Off the Loom

 We finally have Winter here in Northern California, which means dreary rainy days. I am craving color, and my loom reflects it. I have decided to put together another e-book of patterns, this one to be focused on texture and color. The first photo shows a large shawl pattern for the new e-book, called "American Paris."
 In the second photo, the "Steamer Shawl" pattern is shown. I finished this some time ago, but had to go through quite a few ribbons before deciding on a simple, wide satin ribbon to contrast with the somewhat rustic yarn. The yarn is Beaverslide fingering, a wool and mohair blend, in "Chokecherry Heather." The photographs do not do the  rich purple - red color justice.
 The third photo shows my "Sweet on Ruffles", unblocked, made for the Ravelry Loom-a-long. I used Wool of the Andes worsted weight in "Nevermore", on the purple KK hat loom. The loom-a-long is running through March, so please come and join in.
 On my loom, the fourth photo shows a Deco themed colorwork cape, for the new e-book. This has been a lot of fun to work on ... after the first 5 tries. Now that the pattern is settled, I am enjoying it very much.
 The fifth photo shows my 90 peg baby afghan loom with a little asymmetrical lace shawlette called "Venetian Lace." The yarn is a fingering weight Zauerball in a perfect-for-February color combination of pink, white and mint green.
What is on your loom?

Loom Knit Shawls: From Simple to Sublime
$12.00 e-book with 5 patterns, and variations. 
Copyright 2012 by Invisible Loom, Renee Van Hoy. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Ack! Can't wait!! Want NOW!! LOL!

    As always, your designs and execution are beautiful. Will be purchasing the new e-book when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely in love with that first shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Renee these really do just get better and better, love love love the stitching in the top and bottom photographs, they are all truly stunning but I love these two the best. The bottom one has me mega intrigued I have to say.

    On my looms, the two blue 24 peg round knifty knitters, now that my husband found the large box packed up from the house move with the rest of my looms inside it I suddenly wanted to use them so cast on a pair of mittens using these two, a shawl from one of your patterns on the 59 peg cindwood crafts using my own latest handspun yarns, another tamberet from my own design on the 51 peg and on the large 120 peg round I have a bottom up shawl type wrap more like a scarf as its quite thin but the shape is owing to a shawl.

    Aside from that I am concentrating on becoming physically strong, resting when needed which is very often, waking hours are taken up by my beautiful children and so knitting time has been limited but I dont mind, after the Super Mario Afghan I kind of am enjoying slower projects. Not used to having so many on the go at once though but its kind of fun I guess.

    Also been putting in practice with that cables idea using the martha stewart loom, its fun, fiddly and at times frustrating but getting there developing the technique enough to write it up so we can both try and use it :)

    Know you are never far from my thoughts my dear dear friend, love you so very much

    ((((((((( hugs )))))))))

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.