Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wrapping up a Year of Looming

I saw a topic on Ravelry this week for planning knitting goals for 2012. Instead, I've taken stock of 2011, which was a pretty busy loom year for me.
The year started with an ocean-inspired pattern collection that included:
Coral Reef Cap - January
Sea Glass Wrap - February
Abalone Lace Shawlette -  March
Leafy Sea Dragon Scarf - April
Pink Pearl Wrap - May
April was a very special month, with the publication of Jane's Shawl for the Loom, and with the help of my friend Helen Jacobs-Grant, Jane's Shawl for Needles, both designed from photos of a shawl in the Jane Eyre movie, and seen in the photo at the top of  this post.
The next few months were spent putting together the shawl booklet with 5 patterns, plus variations:
Sweet on Ruffles Shawl
Hydrangea Petal Lace Shawl
Peaceful Days Shawl
Diamonds in the Ruff(les)
My Fair Faroese
The end of the year brought the "Travel by" collection:
Travel by Rail Beret
Travel by Rail Cuffs
and later this week, the Travel by Rail Shawl.
I'm happy to say that 8 of these patterns were free, and I hope you have enjoyed all the patterns as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you. Check back this week for the last pattern of 2011, "The Travel by Rail Shawl," seen in the second photo.
Copyright 2011 by Invisible Loom and Craft, Renee Van Hoy. All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking through your patterns to figure out which is my favourite, and I really can't choose! Well done for a fantastic year!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.