Friday, December 23, 2011

Travel by Rail Shawl Pattern

 The Travel by Rail Shawl is a shawl for every loomer. It may be loomed on a large, regular, or small gauge loom, with worsted, DK, or fingering weight yarn. And if you want, you may even use lace weight on your Martha Stewart 3/8 inch setting. The pattern includes peg numbers and yardage for four looms sizes, including the new Martha Stewart looms.
 The shawl itself is a mid-sized shawl, worked in two colors of yarn, and trimmed with ribbon around the edges.  It sits nicely on the shoulders without slipping, and does not need a shawl pin.
 There are a few new, very simple techniques in the pattern for colorworking the rows while increasing and decreasing to create an eyelet edge. The basic fabric of the shawl is garter stitch, using the ewrap knit to create the proper ease for blocking.
 The shawls in the photos were made on my favorite CinDwood 1/2 inch gauge loom, using 48 and 50 pegs, but a 40 peg large gauge loom, or 48 peg purple hat loom, or Martha Stewart small peg configuration of 75 pegs will all work with this pattern. Best of all, the shawl is loomed entirely in one piece, with no seams.
As always, the pattern is in a large print format. I hope you all enjoy this pattern. Please let me know what you think, and whether you have liked the "Travel by" collection.
Travel by Rail Shawl $4.50 US

$12.00 US ebook
Copyright 2011 by Invisible Loom and Craft, Renee Van Hoy. All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Personally I think the way you've done this one is genius Renee, its so well put together and designed, I am almost finished with the handspun yarn which should be done by the end of the year LOL then I shall use it to make this beautiful shawl for myself. I dont usually wear shawls but this one looks like it would suit me very well, its not fussy and flouncy, just simple and elegant with a beautiful shape and drape. I am very excited about this one. Happy New Year to you my friend, love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to have found your blog -- your loom knitting is simply amazing. I've purchased your "Loom Knit Shawls" pattern e-book and can't wait to have a leisurely look through all the beautiful stitches.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to come by and wish you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.