Monday, August 1, 2011

On and Off the Loom

The Hydrangea Petal lace shawl is off the loom, blocked, and if I say so myself, gorgeous! Lace can and will be made on a knitting loom. I've ordered the lace, fingering and sock yarns to prove it! The first photo is a close-up of the blocked lace. The second of the finished shawl. It blocked out to a very large size - 70 inches by 35 inches, which is pretty amazing when you consider it was made in one piece on a 59 peg knitting loom.


On the loom, another of the "shawl project" pieces. This is a shawl inspired by one my friend Karen asked me to design. She wanted a simple curved shawl with a ruffle, that would wrap around her. For the "shawl project" I'm working on a version with a lace panel of diamonds. The loom is the 59 peg 1/2 inch adult hat loom from CinDwood, and the yarn is a fingering weight from The Great Adirondack Yarn Co. in the colorway "machalite", lots of teals, greens, and purple.
Other projects for August will be a pair of fingerless mitts for the Ravelry "Jane Eyre Fans" knit along, "Wandering the Moors", and, of course, another lace shawl. What's on your loom?Copyright 2011 by Invisible Loom and Craft, all rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Its absolutely stunning Renee! love love love the new lacy stitch, cant wait to read how you did this, just brilliant :)

    Still working my way through mitre squares, can see the end in sight it just feels like its going very slowly at the moment because there are so many things to see to during the days with the big move looming in just 38 days time now I have fallen asleep when I relax instead of before I would be knitting. Cant wait to finish this project now though and am determined to do that whilst we are still living here :)

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.