Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Violet Carpet Shawl


I hope you will like this shawl as much as I do. It is very nice to wear - the horizontal lace rows and garter stitch combination give the shawl a drape and ease that is "wrapable". I like to wear it a bit off to the side, then wrap it around and hold the ends with a nice brooch.
$4.50 US  Violet Carpet Shawl

Worked from side to side in garter stitch with rows of lace horizontally.

Supplies: Loom with at least 64 pegs in ½ inch gauge (CinDwood Large Adult Hat Loom with 66 pegs used for sample.)
Peg markers or scrap yarn
Loom tool
Crochet hook
480 yarns WW wool and silk blend (Plymouth Yarn Mushishi color 4, 95 % merino wool, 5% silk used in sample.)
120 yards WW wool for edging (Classic Elite WW wool in lavender used for the sample.)

The “Lace Row Ridge Stitch” pattern

Copyright 2010 by Invisible Loom and Craft. All Rights Reserved. Personal Use Only.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pattern! Something to get my feet wet into loom knitting!
    I just got into your blog & my favorite thing is...
    THE HUGE SIZE OF THE FONT!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! Somebody thought of my weakening eyesight. Thanks! LOVE IT!!!!!
    8-D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.