Thursday, April 1, 2010

On and Off the Loom

April is a wonderful month for Loom-a-longs. Helen Jacobs-Grant from My Heart Exposed, http://neat-and-pretty.livejournal.com , is teaching a beautiful loom knit beret. You can join in the Ravelry Loom-a-long group, or in Helen's yahoo group or the Decor Accents yahoo group.
Just off my loom is the Karius inspired shawl, seen in the photo at the top of this post, made of Alpaca blend. It is warm yet light to wear, and I am planning to make more of these for gifts at the holidays. Look for the pattern next week.
On my looms another version of the Peony Cape, this time in cotton for Spring weather. On a second loom, in a pretty lilac bulky wool and alpaca blend, a test of the true "feather and fan" pattern, helped by Helen's Wavy Feathers" shawl. This is a trial run for the "Fan Ridge Afghan" I am planning to make (awaiting arrival of the yarn.) Plenty to do, and a few more patterns in the works.

1 comment:

  1. love the shawl Renee, its absolutely gorgeous :)
    Hugs
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment.