Thursday, February 11, 2010

On and Off the Loom


Tween Girl is have her 12 and 1/2 birthday party on Saturday. We celebrate her 1/2 birthday, because parties were hard to have in late August, when her friends were on vacation. This year is a Valentine Tea Party. The birthday mini-cupcakes are in the photo. The girls will play games, make valentines, have a valentine themed tea party, and hopefully a wonderful afternoon.

Tomorrow night is the cast-on for the Ravelympics! I am on Team Austenacious, and have entered the Giant Slalom-ghan. The photo is my basket of yarn, and my brailled pattern, all ready for opening ceremonies. I am not good at large projects, but this is a smaller afghan, and I have the entire Olympic Winter Games to work on it. The pattern is from the Lion Brand site, and my Teen Girl chose the four colors of Wool-Ease Thick and Quick for the afghan. If you want to join in on the fun, you can find a team and challenge yourself in the Ravelympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.