Sunday, October 11, 2009

Heaven! Magazines in PDF

What a great discovery! There are 2 crochet and 1 knitting magazine available as digital downloads in pdf. What that means is that you can download the magazine to your computer, and use the enlargement and - even better for low vision - the read out loud - built into pdf. Adobe reader software is free, and works very well. In fact, I have an easier time with pdf files than when I use the special reader installed by the accessibility tech.

The magazines are also reasonable - $15.00 for 3 years. You get 2 years of the archives, plus the next years' issues. I've been having a ball going through all the past issues. The three are : Creative Knitting, Crochet! and Crochet World.

I have to say, I love magazines of any kind, and I wish more were available this way. It is such fun to "read" them again, and blow up the pictures, and have the patterns read aloud. Hope you might enjoy these, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.